Current Specials

Order Valentines Day Cookies by January 31 and save 10%

Football cookies for the big game!!! Choose from Denver colors, Seattle colors, or a mix of the 2. Only $30 for 1 dozen or $50 for 2 dozen. Must be ordered by Sunday January 26th.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bad, Bad Blogger!!

Well, clearly I am a bad blogger!  Not only is my last post from December 7 (!!) but I also got a message in my inbox from Blogger telling me I need to regularly update my blog!  Wow!  I must apologize for neglecting my blog for the past 3 weeks, it was certainly not my plan.  I kept wanting to post, but was so overwhelmed with orders for Christmas that I had to put it off in order to bake and decorate.  It's still crazy around here, but I am up early with the baby, who is falling asleep in her Jumperoo, finally!



**On a sidenote, if you are a new parent, or will be soon, you NEED a Jumperoo!!  My brother gave us this one and I swear it is a parents' sanity saver!! 
We don't travel without it!**



Since it's been a while, let's have a little recap of what's been going on.  Yes, Christmas cookies, Chrismas cookies, and more Christmas cookies. 

For Candy in Virginia. 
Thanks!


For Lindsey from Portland, OR. 
Thanks Lindsey! It was great talking to you again.


All sorts of cookies were made and packaged up into 25 different baskets, along with different flavors of vodka, a free 10 person bowling party, and a free pizza, all of which were raffled off at Airway Lanes in Waterford, MI during the 25 days of Christmas promotion.  They were a BIG hit!!

 For Bonnie from Brighton, MI. 
Thanks. I hope your secretaries loved them! 

For the Goldmans and their annual goofy turtleneck Christmas party. 
Thanks Leslie & Scott! 


Amy in Clarkson, MI got the snowmen, Christmas trees, and the snowflakes. 
Thanks, Amy!!

Of course, other things have happened too.  My daughter has gone from taking one or two steps to walking and almost even running all over my house! 

My birthday was the 29th!  How old did I turn?? Good question!  I had to ask my husband how old he was (34) so that I could subtract and determine that I am now 32!  What is with that?!?  Forgetting my own age? Geez, I don't feel old, but that sort says otherwise, doesn't it!




No hand crafted cake decorated with cookies for me!  That is a delicious, frozen, store bought, Dairy Queen cake! 
YUUUMMMM!! 
I know, I know, but they are SOOOOO good!!






My husband even invited my family and some friends over to have dinner and celebrate with us! 

 The four of us....aren't we cute!?


My niece, Ireland, and my grandma, Ida.    They both have milestone birthdays coming up in March this year. 
Ireland will turn 13,
and the next day grandma will turn 90!!
Oh....in case you were wondering, that is the Italian grandma that gave me the recipe for my biscotti!!

This is my dad! He's been challenged to a game of "Big Buck Hunter" by my 5 year old. Clearly, he takes this VERY seriously!

 

This is Ryann! Isn't she gorgeous?!  Her eyelashes are ridiculous!  She is riding my daughter's new rocking horse and singing a little tune at the same time..."Giddyup, giddyup, giddyup it's grand, just holding your hand!" Soooo cute!

BTW - her mom is my friend Sara Dandy over at Dandy Delights!









I ended 2010 on a pretty good note.  The Sweetest Thing now has 257 facebook fans!!! (Way more than I have friends on my personal page!!)  That alone is REALLY exciting to me!!  I am also finishing up 2 packages of cookies for 2 different *pregnant* celebrities (imagine the possibilities!) and another for a Valentines feature on Nickelodeon Parents Connect!  HOLY CRAP, I can't believe these opportunities presented themselves to me!!  Eeeeeeee!! This could be HUGE for me!!!

Also, I want to give a shout out to some new friends that I have connected with on Twitter on Facebook.  Check out Cineca at Dreamin N Details Design and also Melissa at Truly Chic Inspirations!  Both a fabulous women who do fabulous work!  I would also like to thank Sallisha Armour at LaunchHer for the great opportunities!

Of course, there has been so much more in the details....but I'm trying not to bore you!
Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

  1. Your gingerbread men are adorable. I am not great with piping.... so hats off to you for such neat work :)
    ________________
    www.cakewhiz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on a blog hop and I am ur newest follower in everything. If you get the chance check out my blog
    http://dragonflysweetnest.blogspot.com/
    thanks, Amber

    ReplyDelete