Current Specials

Order Valentines Day Cookies by January 31 and save 10%

Football cookies for the big game!!! Choose from Denver colors, Seattle colors, or a mix of the 2. Only $30 for 1 dozen or $50 for 2 dozen. Must be ordered by Sunday January 26th.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Favorite Food at Thanksgiving...

No...it's NOT turkey!  My favorite food at Thanksgiving (and Christmas and any other time i can get ahold of the ingredients) is Cranberries!  You know, cranberries!  On most tables it is a dark red gel shaped like a can and sliced into disks.  Well...not our cranberries!  My grandma has made them with the same recipe for years and my whole family LOVES them.  I have memories of my mom and I freezing the leftovers and pulling them out to scoop and eat like sherbert in the weeks to follow.  They are so good, that I actually stock up on fresh berries when they are available and keep them in my freezer! 

You, lucky readers are going to be able to try them yourselves if you want to.  How? I am going to share grandma's super easy recipe!


No nuts in this one....we had a guest with a nut allergy
 Grandma's Cranberry Sauce
2 bags of fresh cranberries, rinsed
1 large can of crushed pineapple, with juice
1 large orange, peeled and seeded
1 C walnuts
1 C granulated sugar

This is SO easy you won't believe it!
Place the first 4 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until everything is blended and chopped to a nice uniform consistency.  Stir in the sugar. 
That's it!  Yeah, I know, super easy, and addictively delicious!
If you let it sit overnight in the fridge, it's even better the second day.  It's also great frozen served alone, or with a little vanilla ice cream! YUM!!

2 comments:

  1. So much nicer than that goop in the can! Thanks for sharing - looks like a great combo of flavors.

    ReplyDelete